Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Dolls holding accessories?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was wondering, as I was trying to get Samantha to hold her skates, if anyone has found a good way to allow their dolls to hold different accessories. Sam and Molly have little holders that hold thin things, but they aren't very useful. If you get something to drape over their hands, like skates or a bookstrap, the weight usually pulls the arm down so the accessory slides off. Anyone have any clever ideas?

  2. #2
    Lizanne
    Guest Lizanne's Avatar

    Smile

    In a word: Velcro. For some things, anyway. You can cut little squares of Velcro and attach it to a hair elastic (cut to fit the doll's hand or wrist, I just cut the elastic and velcro to fit and hand-stitch the elastic to the velcro). This assembly goes on the doll's hand and then you either permanently or temporarily affix the other piece of velcro to the item to be held-with tape for temporary, or Elmer's glue for "permanent" (Elmer's hasn't damaged anything I have attached it to, dries clear and can be removed).
    This isn't the best method but it has worked for us.
    I am always searching for new venues by which to achieve the dolls having "holdability".
    To all readers: Please post ideas, we need'em!
    Lizanne

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This could be a kinda bizzare suggestion, but could Sam put her fingers through the bottom silver part of the skate to hold them? Sometimes you can squeeze things over them to make them stick.
    I too realized that my older dolls have arms that have grown loose... they can't support a lot. My new dolls, however, are still stiff and can hold almost anything size appropriate.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You can use little pieces of poster putty. It's really sticky and removable so the doll can hold just about anything and you can't even see what's holding it. Poster putty is found in the office section of stores.
    Julia

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    balance carefully! For Sam's skates I lopped them small enough to fit on her hand. For books I squeeze the pages between the open parts of their fingers. For other accessories, usually they get put on someone's lap or balanced carefully between two hands. Next week I will be posting some more pictures of my girls and you can see what I did.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One idea I have used is takeing the clear plastic rubber bands and running them through (for skates a strap)and then looping the end loops in inside each other and putting it on the doll wirst or fingers that way she can put her arm down and run less of a chance of hurting her arm.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AngieBelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    250
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes! clear plastic rubberbands are definately the way to go! You can get them anywhere that sells hair things. They're great because they're almost invisable.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ooh, that is a great suggestion! Thanks Nellie girl and AngieBelle!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •